GP Training Information For Patients:
New Dover Road Surgery is an accredited practice for the training of doctors intending to become general practitioners.
The practice and doctors have achieved a number of standards which have been assessed by the GP Deanery for Kent, Surrey and Sussex who act on behalf of the national organisation (the Postgraduate Medical Education Board).
These are some points for your information: -
- Those doctors training to become GPs are called GP registrars. They are attached to one of the doctors here who is their trainer.
- The GP registrar is a fully qualified doctor who is likely to have a lot of experience of hospital medicine.
- Sometimes other doctors are also trained and supported in the practice.
- If you are seeing a GP Registrar you can expect to receive the quality of service you would from your own GP. If you have any concerns please mention this to a member of staff.
- In order for the GP registrars to successfully complete their training they need to be assessed on their consulting skills. This is done by their appointed trainer viewing a video of the GP Registrar’s consultations. You may be asked for your permission to have your consultation recorded in this way. If you agree you will be asked to give your written permission on a consent form available at the reception desk. If the doctor appears to be recording your consultation and you have not signed a consent form you should indicate this to him or her immediately.
The recording will be used for educational purposes only. For further information about this process and the confidentiality of it please ask the reception staff.
Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS)
We are supporting students on placement from the newly formed Kent and Medway Medical School from October 2020.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.