As GP’s we see firsthand the extent to which smoking seriously damages the health and lifestyles of patients and on a positive note, observe considerable improvements in the general health of those who successfully quit the habit. Therefore based upon such evidence we do strongly support the work of the NHS Stop Smoking Service and fully endorse their offer below, to help you quit smoking if this is something that you wish to do.
Support to help you stop smoking is now available in your area.
· Courses are FREE
· You have a choice of daytime or evening courses
· Excellent success rates - 70% of smokers who attend are still smokefree 4 weeks later!
· Ongoing support from an expert and friendly team
· Help and advice on Nicotine Replacement products such as patches and gum etc, or alternative medications Zyban and Champix which may be prescribed by your GP if considered appropriate.
· Nicotine Replacement Therapy is available for the cost of one prescription (exemptions apply)
If you, or any member of your family would like to book a place on the next course then please ring the Stop Smoking Service on freephone: 0800 8494444
The helpline is manned from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. At other times there is an answer phone on which you can leave your contact details and we will phone you back.
Research shows that you are 4 times more likely to be successful with NHS support, than trying on your own.