Coronavirus: Social, Emotional and Practical Support
For patients who are shielding at home and have no one else who can help with food shopping, collecting medication, etc, several voluntary services have been set up, who can provide help.
What They Do: dog walking, putting out bins, preparing meals, wellbeing phone calls, collecting prescriptions
How to access: Call 03000 419292 or click here
Canterbury City Council
What They Do: food shopping, collecting prescriptions, wellbeing phone calls.
How to access: Call 01227 862000 or click here
What They Do: wellbeing telephone support, collecting shopping and medication, patient transport for medical appointments.
How to access: referral via the surgery - call our main phone line and ask for our care coordinator.
What They Do: support with food shopping, medication and care.
How to access: call 0800 028 8327 or click here
Other Support Services
- Canterbury Cathedral: live streaming of services
- Canterbury Umbrella Centre: online art, keep fit and yoga - call 01227 767660
- Live Well Kent: mental health and wellbeing. Call 0800 567 7699 or email email@example.com
- Rising Sun Domestic Abuse: confidential helpline on 01227 452852
- National Women's Aid Domestic Abuse: helpline 0800 2000247
- Carers Support: call 0300 302 0178
- Crossroads Care Kent: carer support. Call 03450 956 701
- Silver Line Telephone Befriending: Confidential, free service to share worries and fears - for those aged 55 and over. Call 0800 470 80 90
- Salvation Army: for food call 01227 472 781
- Samaritans: call 116 123
- Rethink Mental Illness: call 0845 4560455
- Single Point of Access (for mental health crises): call 0300 222 0123 - 24 hours a day
- Canterbury City Council: page with summary of local businesses offering delivery and takeaway services for groceries
- List of mental health and emotional wellbeing support apps